I am a 3rd year PhD student at the University of Edinburgh, under the supervision of Dr. Arno Onken and Dr. Nathalie Rochefort. My current research focuses
on modeling neuronal activities with deep unsupervised methods and tries to make sense of how
neural responses reshape over experience. On top of my main research focus, I am also interested in
machine learning for health, which I believe is an integral part of AI for good. Being part of the Biomedical
Artificial Intelligence CDT program, I
have the opportunity to collaborate with doctors and medical practitioners to work on problems in medical
imaging and precision psychiatry.
I am very fortunate to have been selected in the Enrichment Scheme 2023-2024 at the Alan Turing Institute and I will work at the British Library office starting in Fall 2023. I spent a wonderful summer working at the Statistics & Decision Sciences team at Janssen R&D, Johnson & Johnson as a research intern in 2023. Prior to my graduate studies, I was a Research Engineer at Huawei Noah's Ark Lab in Toronto where I was part of the computer-vision and human-computer interaction team. I received my undergraduate degree in Computer Science from the University of Toronto in 2018 in which I spent a wonderful year at AMD as a Software Engineer.
Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to chat!
- Nov. 2023 Our spatiotemporal Transformer approach to the Sensorium 2023 challenge came 🥉 place! I will give a short talk on our solution at NeurIPS2023 in December.
- Nov. 2023 Checkout our new preprint on machine learning and wearables in precision psychiatry: Wearable data from subjects playing Super Mario, sitting university exams, or performing physical exercise help detect acute mood episodes via self-supervised learning!
- Oct. 2023 I have started working at The Alan Turing Institute office in the British Library as part of the Enrichment Scheme!
- Aug. 2023 V1T: large-scale mouse V1 response prediction using a Vision Transformer is now published in TMLR! You can find our poster at Bernstein 2023 here.
- Jun. 2023 I have started working at Janssen R&D, Johnson & Johnson as a research intern for Summer 2023!
- May 2023 Our paper Exploring digital biomarkers of illness activity in mood episodes: hypotheses generating and model development study has been published in JMIR mHealth and uHealth!
- Oct. 2022 Our short paper Inferring mood disorder symptoms from multivariate time-series sensory data has been accepted to NeurIPS Workshop on Learning from Time Series for Health (TS4H)! You can find our poster here.
- Sep. 2022 I co-hosted a C4AI Special: Grad School Application to share our experience in graduate school applications as well as tips and tricks.
- Aug. 2022 Our paper Deep Attention Super-Resolution of Brain Magnetic Resonance Images Acquired Under Clinical Protocols has been published in Frontiers in Computation Neuroscience!